VTS (Oncology) Specialty License Scholarship
The Veterinary Cancer Society is proud to offer an annual technician scholarship to member technicians who wish to pursue their specialty license in oncology. The scholarship provides a maximum value of $2,000 to no more than two member technicians each year to help offset examination-related travel expenses and testing fees. Included in the overall scholarship value is complimentary registration to the VCS Annual Conference and an honorarium for presenting a case report at the upcoming Technician Workshop at the conference.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two consecutive years of VCS membership prior to applying for the scholarship, must be a current member and must remain a member throughout the testing period.
- Applicants must have written confirmation of an approved AIMVT application stating that they have been accepted to sit for the specialty license exam. A copy of the notification of approval of the application by AIMVT must be included with the scholarship application.
- Applicants must be prepared to take the exam at the next scheduled test date.
- Only applications for members pursuing an oncology specialty will be considered (medical oncology, radiation oncology, surgical oncology, etc.).
- Scholarships may not be carried over to future years. If the recipient decides to postpone taking the exam in the upcoming cycle, the scholarship does not carry forward. The recipient may reapply.
- Scholarship recipients may use $1,675 to cover the test fee and travel related expenses. Expenses will be reimbursed only after the exam has taken place and once expenses are submitted to VCS (no later than July 1st).
- Any expenses paid by another source, such as the practice that you work for, are not eligible for reimbursement. Only expenses considered to be non-reimbursable by your practice are eligible for reimbursement.
- VCS will not provide reimbursement in advance of the exam and travel.
- If the recipient is taking the exam remotely and not on-site, no travel reimbursement will be provided. Only exam fee reimbursement will be provided with proper documentation.
- Recipients who are selected for this scholarship are expected to attend the next VCS Annual Conference and present a Case Report. Complimentary conference registration ($175 value) and a $150 honorarium will be provided.
- If the recipient is unable to attend the upcoming conference, they will forfeit the conference registration and honorarium unless other arrangements are made with VCS.
- Scholarship applications must be submitted to the VCS office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than March 31 for consideration by the Executive Committee. All applicants will be notified of the decision made by the VCS Executive Committee no later than May 1.
- A letter of support from the board-certified veterinarian with whom the applicant works must accompany the application.
The next scholarship cycle is for the 2023 exam
2023 Deadline: The scholarship application deadline is March 31, 2023, for those VCS member technicians who have been approved by AIMVT to take the exam in June of 2023.
If you have any questions about the submission process, please email email@example.com.