- In addition to the Resident Review Workshop on Thursday morning, there will also be an additional concurrent pre-conference workshop. Both workshops are open to everyone and there is no additional fee to attend either of them. You will be asked to select a workshop, if you desire, when you register.
- Poster presentations will take place on Friday morning from 9:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This session begins in the main ballroom with Residents providing a very brief oral overview of their poster prior to viewing.
- Guest tickets may be purchased for either the Welcome Reception or Closing Event for adults and children.
- The VCS Membership Meeting will take place over lunch on Saturday from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Lunch will be provided for those who wish to attend.
- The closing event will be held at the National Automobile Museum. Resident Awards will be presented there. This event is suitable for children of any age.
- There are a variety of meals typically provided throughout the conference although that changes from year to year based on sponsorship. Refer to the conference schedule for details.
- Mid-morning and afternoon beverage breaks are provided each day.
- Light hors-d’oeuvres are available at the Welcome Reception.
- On Saturday afternoon from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., VCS will host its annual membership meeting and lunch. All members are invited to attend at no additional cost.
- One ticket to the Saturday evening Closing Event, which includes food and beverage, is included in your registration fee. You must register for this if you plan to attend.
Scientific presentations will end at 5:10 p.m. on Saturday, October 14. You will find a complete conference schedule here.
Those attending the Resident Review Workshop will receive 3.5 hours of CE; those attending the other pre-conference workshop will receive 3 CE hours. General conference attendees receive approximately 18 CE hours. Technicians have the opportunity to earn approximately 23 CE hours as well as long as they attend the Thursday sessions as well.
You will hang your poster in a designated location as early as possible on Thursday, October 12. Your name will be on the board in which you are to hang your poster. Refer to the abstract page for poster sizes.
Residents must be in the Ballroom by 9:30 a.m. on Friday, ready to line up for a brief, two-minute oral introduction of their poster before going to stand with their poster. Refer to the abstract page for details. Posters must be 3 feet wide by 3.75 feet tall (vertical) so that two posters can fit on one board. You can only present ONE poster during the conference. Posters will remain up throughout the conference.
Yes. All those who are selected for oral presentation will receive an email that includes an individualized link in which to submit your oral presentation. All presentations must be uploaded by October 10 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
If you have not renewed your dues for 2023 we recommend that you do so prior to registering for the conference so that you can take advantage of the VCS member rates and save a minimum of $100. To do so, log in HERE using your email address and password, select the online store, select your membership category and proceed to payment. If you have difficulty email Lauren at email@example.com.
If you are a current VCS member Resident, use the VCS Member Resident Presenter fee of $175. If you are NOT a VCS member Resident who has been selected to present an oral abstract, use the non-member Resident rate. Residents should wait until they receive notification of their assignment in July before registering for the conference.
Because you are no longer a Resident, you are required to pay the New Professional registration rate (as long as you are a member of VCS in that category) for the conference. You are still eligible to present in the Resident category and accept one of the Resident Awards if your abstract is selected as a winner.
Students or interns selected to present a poster or oral abstract must register for the conference paying the STUDENT or INTERN rate.
There is an onsite fee of $50 that will be charged in addition to the late fee when registering onsite. See the registration page for more information on rates.
Airport, Driving, and Shuttle Questions
Yes, every half hour both to and from the hotel. Check with the bell desk for hours of operation.
The block closes thirty days prior to the conference but please know it is highly likely to sell out prior to that dates. After that time, there may be rooms available but you may not be able to get the conference rate.
VCS does not pair roommates.