Theilen Tribute Award
Dr. Ted Valli (center) received the Theilen Tribute Award at the 2015 Annual Conference.
Cindy MacEwen accepts the Theilen Tribute Award in honor of her late husband, Greg, from Dr. Gordon Theilen
Dr. Steve Withrow receives his award in 2010 from Dr. Alice Villalobos
The Theilen Tribute Award, named in honor of Dr. Gordon Theilen, was created in 2008 by Dr. Alice Villalobos to honor a distinguished veterinary professional who has helped to advance the practice of veterinary oncology over his or her career. It was first presented to Dr. Theilen at the Theilen Tribute Symposium held at UC Davis in May of 2008. In 2009, Dr. Greg MacEwen was posthumously awarded this prestigious honor and his wife, Cindy, accepted the award at our Annual Conference in Austin, TX. In 2010, the Theilen Tribute Award was presented to Dr. Steve Withrow at the Annual Conference in San Diego, CA and to Dr. Ted Valli at our Annual Conference in 2015 in Vienna, VA.
The VCS Executive Committee has agreed to present the Theilen Tribute Award approximately every four years during our Annual Conference. Our goal is to next present the award at our 2019 Annual Conference.
The guidelines for nominations are as follows:
- All nominees should be a veterinary oncology professional who has helped to advance the practice of veterinary oncology during the course of his or her career.
- Nomination forms must be submitted no later than May 1, 2019 to email@example.com.
- Each nomination must be accompanied by two supporting letter(s) of recommendation by people other than the person who is submitting the nomination.
- The Executive Committee, or other selected group of VCS members, will officially determine the recipient of the award at the June Executive Committee meeting prior to the October conference in which the award is to be presented.
- The recipient will be informed prior to the conference and VCS will present the award during the Awards Banquet.
THEILEN TRIBUTE AWARD NOMINATION FORM