Dr. Steven Crow (2022)
Dr. Mary K. Klein (2018)
Dr. Ted Valli, pictured center (2015)
The Theilen Tribute Award, named in honor of Dr. Gordon Theilen, was created in 2008 to honor a distinguished veterinary professional who has helped advance the practice of veterinary oncology over his or her career. This award was first presented to Dr. Gordon Theilen at the Theilen Tribute Symposium held at UC Davis in May of 2008. Since then, the award has been presented to following veterinary professionals:
- 2009: Dr. Greg MacEwen (Austin, TX)
- 2010: Dr. Steven Withrow (San Diego, CA)
- 2015: Dr. Ted Valli (Vienna, VA)
- 2018: Dr. Mary K. Klein (Louisville, KY)
- 2022: Dr. Steven Crow (Norfolk, VA)
The next award will be presented at our 2025 Annual Conference in Salt Lake City, UT.
The guidelines for nominations are as follows:
- All nominees should be a veterinary oncology professional who has helped to advance the practice of veterinary oncology during the course of his or her career.
- Nominations for the 2025 award are due no later than March 1, 2025, to email@example.com.
- Each nomination must be accompanied by two supporting letter(s) of recommendation by people other than the person who is submitting the nomination.
- The Executive Committee, or other selected group of VCS members, will officially determine the recipient of the award at the June Executive Committee meeting prior to the October conference in which the award is to be presented.
- The recipient will be informed prior to the conference and VCS will present the award at some point during the Annual Conference.
Dr. Steve Withrow, pictured left (2010)
Cindy MacEwen accepting the Theilen Tribute Award from Dr. Gordon Theilen in honor of her late husband, Greg (2009)