SUBMIT AN EMPLOYMENT AD
If you would like to post an oncology-related position on our website,
please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the job description being as brief as possible, create a heading similar to those below, and include all links to mentioned websites. VCS only posts oncology-related positions and there is no cost. Simply email VCS when you are ready for the posting to be deleted.
FREE POSTINGS: Beginning November 1, 2018, for VCS members only. As long as there is a current VCS member in the clinic or hospital that is providing the advertisement, the cost to post the ad is free. If no VCS members exist in the hospital or clinic to which you are advertising, the cost is $300 for a 90 day listing.
Kansas State University seeks Veterinary Technician (Oncology)
The Veterinary Health Center with the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Veterinary Nurse in Oncology. This position will help maintain an efficient Oncology service by providing technical nursing and minor instructional skills as necessary to provide services in the Veterinary Health Center. A primary mission of the Hospital is to provide quality medical service for teaching, research and clients within the surrounding area. A team of quality, professional nurses in the Oncology Section is critical to providing services to support this mission. This position is also responsible for coordination of animal treatments; instruction training and supervising students and employees in approved treatment technique.
To view the full job announcement, please visit www.ksu.edu/jobs job#507318.
The Oncology Service (Springfield, VA) seeks Licensed Veterinary Technician
The Oncology Service (TOS) is looking to add a full-time Licensed Veterinary Technician for its Springfield, VA location.
The Oncology Service (TOS) is a multi-facility small animal oncology practice. At TOS, we strive to provide “The Future of Veterinary Cancer Care” to our clients and patients. This means providing compassionate and thoughtful care when pets need it most. It also means access to state-of-the-art cancer therapies, including both medical and radiation oncology.
As we continue to grow, our work family at The Oncology Service becomes larger. Our environment is fast-paced, challenging and collaborative. Our employees show immense support, gratitude and respect for their peers. The ideal candidate is hard-working, motivated, compassionate and able to work harmoniously and effectively with doctors, staff and clients.
What You’ll Do
- Assist Oncologists
- Acquiring patient histories
- Place IV catheters and blood draws
- Obtain radiographs
- Monitor anesthesia
- Administer chemotherapy
- Radiation patient positioning and delivery of treatment plans on the linear accelerator
- Patient care
- Client education/communication.
Schedule: Our work week is Monday through Friday.
What We’ll Love About You
- Licensed Veterinary Technicians only
- Previous experience as a veterinary technician is required
- Skilled in small animal anesthesia
- Interest in learning new topics and skills, including chemotherapy and radiation oncology.
- Desire to make positive impacts on the lives of people and pets every single day at work
- Commitment to maximizing the quality of life of pets
- Understanding of the depth of the human-animal bond
- Radiation therapists are encouraged to apply
What You’ll Love About Us
Benefits: Medical with the choice of a 100% employer paid plan; Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts for medical and/or dependent care cost, Disability and Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and uniforms
Prepare for the Future: 401(k)
For your furry family members: Discounted pet medical care
Rest and Relaxation: 3 weeks paid time off.
Education: A generous CE allowance
We are seeking an enthusiastic, extremely organized, LVT to join our growing practice in Springfield. If you possess strong communication skills (both written and verbal), excellent organizational and problem solving skills, detailed oriented, self-motivated, and able to work both as part of team and independently we would love to talk to you! We are looking for someone who is genuinely interested in oncology and would view this position as a career, not a job.
If you live in the Northern Virginia or Fairfax County area you should consider this opportunity! We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about Ethos and the opportunities available to advance your career. Applications can be submitted directly through our website at https://ethosvet.com/careers/
BluePearl (Levittown, PA) seeks Veterinary Technician
As a Radiation Oncology Veterinary Technician you will:
- Understanding the different types of radiation energies/modalities and appropriate uses for each
- Ability to perform basic RT patient set-ups under the supervision of doctors and higher level technicians
- Ability to administer appropriate radiation doses to patients under the supervision of higher level technicians
- Discharge Oncology patients from the hospital, including basic client education.
- Ability to admit Oncology patients and obtain through history including current medications and dosages, response to treatment and side effects, intensity and duration
- Apply critical thinking skills, understand and notify doctors appropriately when working with laboratory results
- Understand pharmacodynamics & pharmacokinetics of commonly used medications
- Able to place peripheral over-the-needle catheter in all peripheral vessels
- Recognize abnormal heart and lung sounds
- Accurately calculates all medical math including advanced and CRIs.
- Recognizes patients at risk for arrest and initiates CPR according to R.E.C.O.V.E.R guidelines
- Induce, monitor and recover anesthesia
- Ability to maintain and care for anesthesia equipment
What can you expect from BluePearl?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, groundbreaking healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
How you can become successful at BluePearl?
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
Your benefit options will include:
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- opportunity to bring your dog to work
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
Please apply following the link below:
North Carolina State University seeks Veterinary Technician
NC State Veterinary Hospital is seeking a technician for our busy radiation oncology service. The hours are 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday (no nights, weekends, or holidays required). The link is posted below. For further information, contact Scarlett Robinson, email@example.com
Veterinary Cancer Specialty Care (VCSC) seeks Veterinary Technician
Veterinary Cancer Specialty Care (VCSC) is seeking a dynamic, friendly, caring, organized licensed veterinary technician to join our oncology practice. We are a privately-owned oncology practice located in the Seattle area that has just joined Bridge Animal Referral Center (BARC) in its newly built facility in Edmonds. VCSC is the first phase in BARC ‘s future plans to provide a comprehensive multi-specialty care at one location. Veterinary Cancer Specialty Care practices with the philosophy that every moment matters and focuses on strong communication with both employees and clients.
All VCSC candidates must be well organized, work well individually as well as part of our team. We welcome those with leadership qualities, who are dedicated to care, compassion and quality. Candidates should be friendly, have a client focused approach with each case, excellent written and verbal communication. Ideal candidate has oncology experience or is willing to invest time and energy to learn oncology specific information, broad knowledge of veterinary science, including pharmacology, above average mathematical skills, computer proficient and is comfortable working in a fast paced/sometimes stressful, emotional environment .
- Speaking to clients both in person and over the phone
- Triage and obtain in depth patient history
- Verifying receipt of referral documentation
- Placing intravenous catheters
- Perform radiographs
- Patient care including diagnostic procedures and treatments
- Anesthesia induction, monitoring and recovery
- Follow OSHA safety standards for preparing, handling and disposing of chemotherapy drugs
- Operation of the chemotherapy hood
- Perform and confirm complex chemotherapy calculations and conversions
- Prepares and administers chemotherapy safely
- Prepare prescriptions and communicates discharge orders to clients.
- Maintaining accurate controlled drug and chemo logs
- Assisting our oncologist
We require a minimum of two years of veterinary technician experience, with a preference for those who have worked in specialty practice previously. Seeking candidate that has their VTS in oncology or is interested in obtaining their VTS. You must either be licensed in the state of Washington, or eligible to apply for your license prior to working with VCSC.
Benefits are available for full time employees and include medical & prescription insurance, life and disability insurance, paid professional dues, uniform allowance, continuing education with pay, paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid maternity leave, and generous personal pet care discounts and more! Salary corresponds with experience.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter, resume and wage requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website at www.vcscseattle.com for information regarding our hospital.