SUBMIT AN EMPLOYMENT AD
If you would like to post an oncology-related position on our website,
please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the job description being as brief as possible, create a heading similar to those below, and include all links to mentioned websites. VCS only posts oncology-related positions and there is no cost. Simply email VCS when you are ready for the posting to be deleted.
Animal Emergency & Specialty Center seeks Oncology Tech
Animal Emergency & Specialty Center is East Tennessee’s premier veterinary emergency & specialty hospital and we have an opportunity for you!
Animal Emergency & Specialty Center of Knoxville is a busy, well-established, state-of-the-art small animal/exotic hospital with emergency and specialty services including 24-hour Emergency & Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Oncology, and Avian & Exotics. Our oncologist, Dr. Jeff Phillips, is nationally recognized for his practice, his research, and his teaching skills. Imagine what you can learn and do!
Our technicians have the same responsibilities as technicians working at traditional small animal hospitals, but we have a different caseload.
- Prepare and administer chemotherapy
- Assist in the medical treatment of animals
- Laboratory procedures
- Radiology and CT
- Client communication
- Medical procedures
- Operation and maintenance of instruments and equipment
- Daily treatment of hospitalized patients
- Record keeping
Two or more years veterinary technician experience, intelligence, good communication skills, compassion, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn and grow are essential. Licensed and unlicensed techs will be considered. Previous specialty medicine experience is a plus.
We invest in our employees! We offer:
- Excellent pay
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and company-matching 401k
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic multi-disciplinary team in a state-of-the-art facility
- Opportunity to grow your career as part of a fast-growing specialty and emergency hospital
Please send a cover letter and resume. All resumes will be kept confidential. We welcome casual and serious inquires. We look forward to hearing from you!
Veterinary Specialty Hospital (VSH) seeks Medical Oncology RVT
About Veterinary Specialty Hospital: At VSH our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field.
About the Job: As a Vet Tech in Oncology department you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing appointments and managing clients throughout their visit.
- Participating with DVM’s in patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments, and procedures.
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates.
- Utilizing different modalities of imaging for patient and procedural assessment.
- Executing, monitoring, and recovering all assigned sedation and anesthetic events.
- Providing empathy, comfort, and unparalleled nursing care to all patients being a strong patient advocate during the patient’s hospitalization.
- Maintaining all equipment on a per-use basis ensuring the safety and best practice care of all patients
- Advanced knowledge along with preparation and administration of various chemotherapeutic agents
- Providing extensive client communication and education on various oncology disease processes.
Schedule: Wednesday – Saturday Hours/Shifts TBD
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a veterinary hospital setting required. Recent graduates with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Technology will be considered.
- Comprehensive understand and experience with anesthetic monitoring is required
- Proficiency in processing basic laboratory specimens and working knowledge of radiographic techniques is required
- RVT, or VTS preferred
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required.
- Positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected.
Benefits of Working at VSH:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Full-time benefits include pet insurance, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.
University of Florida Small Animal Hospital seeks Oncology Technicians
The AAHA accredited Oncology service attends to over 3,500 patients annually, offering a state of the art level of care through medical intervention, radiation therapy, and surgical expertise. Highlights of this service include personalized chemotherapy and melanoma vaccine protocols, advanced radiation therapy treatments with our linear accelerator, and surgical options such as VAP placement.
The Small Animal Hospital is seeking technicians who are passionate about the opportunities a specialty oncology service can provide in prolonging the lives of their patients while extending compassion and empathy to their patients and loved ones. Technicians provide support by assisting veterinarians with exams and treatments, as well as providing insight, instruction, and demonstration to veterinary students. Access to the wide range of treatments and services offered through the Oncology service makes this a great opportunity for those considering specialty certification.
University of Florida employees have access to competitive benefits packages that could include paid leave, on-call, weekend and shift differential pay, health insurance, dental and vision plans, retirement programs, continuing education opportunities, employee recognition programs, uniform allowances, pet health discounts, and relocation assistance. See the University of Florida Humane Resources web pages for detailed information about leave and benefits available to employees (http://hr.ufl.edu/benefits/)
For more information and to apply please visit http://smallanimal.vethospital.ufl.edu/contact-us/careers/. For specific questions, please submit inquiries to email@example.com.
MedVet Medical and Cancer Center for Pets seeks Medical Oncology RVT
MedVet is currently seeking a Registered Veterinary Technician to join our team Medical Oncology team in our Indianapolis, IN hospital. We are seeking an individual that is team oriented; thrives in a fast paced environment; and is dedicated to practicing the highest quality of veterinary care. The position provides an opportunity to work with board certified specialists and be a part of cutting-edge clinical studies.
- Assist in patient procedures: preparation of patients, instruments, equipment and medications
- Manage appointments: obtain histories, medical record keeping, invoicing, patient discharges, etc.
- Plan, organize, and manage the daily flow of services
- Drive the MedVet Experience and ensure our patients receive the highest quality care
- Inspire, teach, multitask and be a highly functional team member
- State of Indiana Registered Veterinary Technician license required
- Prior veterinary experience required
- Proficient in calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.)
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, uniform allowance and 401K.