SUBMIT AN EMPLOYMENT AD
If you would like to post an oncology-related position on our website,
please email us: email@example.com
Include the job description being as brief as possible, create a heading similar to those below, and include all links to mentioned websites. VCS only posts oncology-related positions and there is no cost. Simply email VCS when you are ready for the posting to be deleted.
Oregon State University seeks Certified Veterinary Technician – Oncology
Oregon State University’s Veterinary Teaching Hospital has an exciting opportunity available in our Small Animal Hospital for full-time technician in the Oncology service area.
We are looking for a technician who is team-oriented, compassionate and ready for a challenge (must be Oregon certified or able to achieve certification within first six months of hire). Your skills will be utilized to the fullest! Duties would include patient treatments including chemotherapy administration, assistance with diagnostic testing, and student and client interaction.
We provide excellent benefits and a competitive, recently increased salary. Apply online to posting #P01596CT at http://oregonstate.edu/jobs by 10/5/18, or call Robyn Panico at (541)737-4822 for more information.
OSU is committed to a culture of civility, respect, and inclusivity. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, OSU values diversity in our faculty and staff regardless of their self-identity; to that end, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, veterans, women, LGBTQ community members, and others who share our vision of an inclusive community.
BluePearl Veterinary Partners (Renton, WA) seeks Veterinary Assistant
Our BluePearl Veterinary Partners hospital in Renton, WA is hiring an exceptional Veterinary Assistant for our Oncology Department!
BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Renton, Washington is seeking an experienced Veterinary Assistant to join our compassionate team. We are looking for someone with an upbeat personality who is confident with client relations, patient restraint, and has the ability to work around chemotherapy. This is a full-time opportunity working day shifts.
Do you work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment?
Are you eager to make a difference for animals and provide premier patient care?
Come join us at our dynamic multi-doctor practice!
As a BluePearl Veterinary Assistant
- You compassionately, calmly and gently approach and handle our patients according to safety protocols and our core values.
- You are able to identify abnormal pathology.
- You can perform effective oral nerve blocks in preparation for advanced procedures as directed by a Veterinarian.
- You have an ability to identify common heart dysrhythmias.
- You understand our hospital estimates and can clearly present and explain them to our clients.
- You can conduct manual intermittent positive pressure ventilation (with Ambubag or anesthesia reservoir bag).
- You have a passion for mentoring and training other co-workers.
- You have patience and empathy to address client concerns.
- You will educate clients in the areas of dental health and appropriate dental home care for our patients.
- You prepare medications and our patients/clients for discharge with concise directions for our clients.
We are searching for a Veterinary Assistant who…
- Ideally holds a certification
- Has at least two years of experience working as a Vet Assistant or has graduated from an accredited veterinary technician program
BluePearl Veterinary Partners is the next step in your career.
- Health, vision, dental, life, and pet insurance packages.
- PTO accrual with flexible work schedules.
- Opportunities for mentorship and training to continue to learn and grow.
- Access to 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances.
- Referral bonus program.
- Associate discounts.
- Member of Mars Petcare Family.
Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Center (VSEC) seeks Oncology Technician
Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center (VSEC), a BluePearl Veterinary Partners hospital in Levittown is hiring an extraordinary Oncology Veterinary Technician!
Are you a passionate technician looking to improve your skills in the veterinary field? Do you want an opportunity to work with some of the brightest veterinary professional in this industry? If you have been looking for a way to advance your career, please check us out.
The ideal candidate will be one with some experience in the Veterinary field, along with a great attitude and a strong drive to succeed and build their career in Veterinary medicine. We have an excellent team and we practice outstanding medicine. VSEC was just named Petplan’s 2017 “Practice of the Year”. Come be a part of a winning team with VSEC!
As an Oncology Veterinary Technician you will:
- Monitor patient who is receiving a chemotherapy infusion under supervision of veterinary technician level 3 or higher
- Ability to set up appropriate materials for short and long chemotherapy administration
- Ability to safely dispense and administer oral chemotherapy agents
- Ability to safely dispense, reconstitute and administered SQ/IM chemotherapy agents
- Knowledge of chemotherapy extravasation and what to do if it happens
- Ability to check chemotherapy agent calculations and dosages
- Ability to properly wrap and shave for an IV catheter for chemotherapy infusion
VCA Animal Specialty Group seeks Oncology Technician
VCA Animal Specialty Group, located in San Diego, CA, is currently seeking a full-time Veterinary Technician to join its growing oncology team. Our state of the art facilities were completed in October 2016 and are a fully functioning multi-specialty and emergency hospital, established in the suburbs of sunny San Diego.
The Oncology Technicians’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with client communications, presenting estimates, regular patient updates
- Performing patient care including restraint, venipuncture, advanced placement of IV catheters, preparing and administering chemotherapy drugs
- Assisting with sedation/anesthesia protocols
- Performing in-house lab tests such as; blood work, urinalysis, cytology staining, etc.
- Performing and assisting in-house imaging diagnostics including radiographs, CT scans, ultrasounds
- Providing education to clients in regards to chemotherapy side effects, at home care and safety precautions specific to oncology patients
- Associates degree in Veterinary Technology or equivalent, but not required
- Registered Veterinary Technician status preferred, but not required
- One or more years in specialty practice, oncology specialty favored but not required
- Candidate should possess the ability to multitask, handle stressful and emotional situations
- Candidate should have a good understanding of medical terminology and familiarity with veterinary pharmacology
- Must be able to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and self-started with a professional and positive attitude
- Flexibility with work schedule
If interested, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 858-560-0206
For more information about VCA Animal Specialty Group, please visit our website at http://www.vcaspecialtyvets.com/animal-specialty-group
Colorado State University seeks Oncology Tech
This position provides technical and nursing support to animal cancer patients, clinicians, students and clients. The position collects blood and tissue samples, sedates/anesthetizes patients with direct supervision for short procedures, prepares for minor surgical procedures, administers chemotherapeutic agents, records data, and communicates with clients. This position will learn proper chemotherapy administration and safety and sedation/anesthesia protocols, monitoring and recovery with supervision.
We seek a licensed veterinary technician to coordinate receiving and workup of incoming cases on the Oncology Service, from the first point of contact to discharge. The ideal candidate has a natural inclination towards leadership, thrives in an independent, yet team oriented work environment and can efficiently facilitate and connect to various services within a innovative teaching hospital.
|Minimum Qualifications||To be considered for this position applicants must have:
|Substitutions||A Bachelor’s degree or higher level degree in veterinary or animal health can substitute for required Associate’s degree, but not for the one year required experience.|
|Preferred Qualifications||Highly sought applicants will have many of the following:
|Essential Job Duties|
|Job Duty Category||Patient Support/Care|
|Duty/Responsibility||This position provides supportive nursing care to clinical oncology patients undergoing diagnostic analysis and treatment for cancer. This includes: admission, monitoring, administration of medications, wound management, bandaging, maintaining proper medical records, entering charges, feeding, cleaning and bathing of animal cancer patients with the focus being that of a patient advocate. This position maintains smooth working relations with all VTH sections and coordinates various modalities of therapy required to assure efficient, effective and compassionate patient care. This position refines the necessary skills to collect blood and tissue samples. Under direct supervision, this position assists with sedation/anesthesia of patients for short procedures. This position prepares for minor surgical procedures. This position administers chemotherapeutic agents to animal cancer patients under direct supervision.|
|Percentage Of Time||80|
|Job Duty Category||Instruction and Team Contribution|
|Duty/Responsibility||This position instructs professional veterinary students and veterinary technician interns. This position maintains the professional function and appearance of three work areas by stocking, organizing and cleaning. This position maintains anesthesia and surgical equipment on a routine basis. Role models teamwork as a congenial member of the Animal Cancer Center and VTH team. Demonstrates tact and is responsive to others. Supports and appreciates the diversity of coworkers, students, clients and visitors. This position provides assistance to clients by answering the oncology nurse line, addressing client emails/faxes, assisting with appointment scheduling, and advocating for clients and patients.|
|Percentage Of Time||20|
Animal Emergency & Specialty Center seeks Oncology Tech
Animal Emergency & Specialty Center is East Tennessee’s premier veterinary emergency & specialty hospital and we have an opportunity for you!
Animal Emergency & Specialty Center of Knoxville is a busy, well-established, state-of-the-art small animal/exotic hospital with emergency and specialty services including 24-hour Emergency & Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Oncology, and Avian & Exotics. Our oncologist, Dr. Jeff Phillips, is nationally recognized for his practice, his research, and his teaching skills. Imagine what you can learn and do!
Our technicians have the same responsibilities as technicians working at traditional small animal hospitals, but we have a different caseload.
- Prepare and administer chemotherapy
- Assist in the medical treatment of animals
- Laboratory procedures
- Radiology and CT
- Client communication
- Medical procedures
- Operation and maintenance of instruments and equipment
- Daily treatment of hospitalized patients
- Record keeping
Two or more years veterinary technician experience, intelligence, good communication skills, compassion, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn and grow are essential. Licensed and unlicensed techs will be considered. Previous specialty medicine experience is a plus.
We invest in our employees! We offer:
- Excellent pay
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and company-matching 401k
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic multi-disciplinary team in a state-of-the-art facility
- Opportunity to grow your career as part of a fast-growing specialty and emergency hospital
Please send a cover letter and resume. All resumes will be kept confidential. We welcome casual and serious inquires. We look forward to hearing from you!
Veterinary Specialty Hospital (VSH) seeks Medical Oncology RVT
About Veterinary Specialty Hospital: At VSH our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field.
About the Job: As a Vet Tech in Oncology department you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing appointments and managing clients throughout their visit.
- Participating with DVM’s in patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments, and procedures.
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates.
- Utilizing different modalities of imaging for patient and procedural assessment.
- Executing, monitoring, and recovering all assigned sedation and anesthetic events.
- Providing empathy, comfort, and unparalleled nursing care to all patients being a strong patient advocate during the patient’s hospitalization.
- Maintaining all equipment on a per-use basis ensuring the safety and best practice care of all patients
- Advanced knowledge along with preparation and administration of various chemotherapeutic agents
- Providing extensive client communication and education on various oncology disease processes.
Schedule: Wednesday – Saturday Hours/Shifts TBD
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a veterinary hospital setting required. Recent graduates with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Technology will be considered.
- Comprehensive understand and experience with anesthetic monitoring is required
- Proficiency in processing basic laboratory specimens and working knowledge of radiographic techniques is required
- RVT, or VTS preferred
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required.
- Positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected.
Benefits of Working at VSH:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Full-time benefits include pet insurance, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.
University of Florida Small Animal Hospital seeks Oncology Technicians
The AAHA accredited Oncology service attends to over 3,500 patients annually, offering a state of the art level of care through medical intervention, radiation therapy, and surgical expertise. Highlights of this service include personalized chemotherapy and melanoma vaccine protocols, advanced radiation therapy treatments with our linear accelerator, and surgical options such as VAP placement.
The Small Animal Hospital is seeking technicians who are passionate about the opportunities a specialty oncology service can provide in prolonging the lives of their patients while extending compassion and empathy to their patients and loved ones. Technicians provide support by assisting veterinarians with exams and treatments, as well as providing insight, instruction, and demonstration to veterinary students. Access to the wide range of treatments and services offered through the Oncology service makes this a great opportunity for those considering specialty certification.
University of Florida employees have access to competitive benefits packages that could include paid leave, on-call, weekend and shift differential pay, health insurance, dental and vision plans, retirement programs, continuing education opportunities, employee recognition programs, uniform allowances, pet health discounts, and relocation assistance. See the University of Florida Humane Resources web pages for detailed information about leave and benefits available to employees (http://hr.ufl.edu/benefits/)
For more information and to apply please visit http://smallanimal.vethospital.ufl.edu/contact-us/careers/. For specific questions, please submit inquiries to email@example.com.