SUBMIT AN EMPLOYMENT AD
If you would like to post an oncology-related position on our website,
please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the job description being as brief as possible, create a heading similar to those below, and include all links to mentioned websites. VCS only posts oncology-related positions and there is no cost. Simply email VCS when you are ready for the posting to be deleted.
FREE POSTINGS: Beginning November 1, 2018, for VCS members only. As long as there is a current VCS member in the clinic or hospital that is providing the advertisement, the cost to post the ad is free. If no VCS members exist in the hospital or clinic to which you are advertising, the cost is $300 for a 90 day listing.
BluePearl (Daly City, CA) seeks Registered Veterinary Technician (Oncology)
BluePearl Pet Hospital in Daly City, CA is seeking a knowledgeable and skilled Oncology Veterinary Technician (RVT) to join their amazing team! As a Veterinary Technician at BluePearl you have the opportunity to fully utilize your technical skills while continuing to develop and grow in a fast paced environment.
- Are you looking for a way to advance your career as a Veterinary Technician?
- Do you have excellent venipuncture skills and attention to detail?
- Are you committed to providing remarkable care for pets?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a registered veterinary technician who has a genuine interest in oncology and has previous veterinary experience – oncology experience is preferred but not required. As an Oncology Veterinary Technician at BluePearl, you must be proficient in calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.) and proficient at drawing blood from jugular vein and placing IV catheters.
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible hours
- Scrub allowance
- Additional training
- Unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an equal opportunity employer.
VCA Animal Specialty Group seeks Oncology Technician
VCA Animal Specialty Group, located in San Diego, CA, is currently seeking a full-time Veterinary Technician to join its growing oncology team. Our state of the art facilities were completed in October 2016 and are a fully functioning multi-specialty and emergency hospital, established in the suburbs of sunny San Diego.
The Oncology Technicians’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with client communications, presenting estimates, regular patient updates
- Performing patient care including restraint, venipuncture, advanced placement of IV catheters, preparing and administering chemotherapy drugs
- Assisting with sedation/anesthesia protocols
- Performing in-house lab tests such as; blood work, urinalysis, cytology staining, etc.
- Performing and assisting in-house imaging diagnostics including radiographs, CT scans, ultrasounds
- Providing education to clients in regards to chemotherapy side effects, at home care and safety precautions specific to oncology patients
- Associates degree in Veterinary Technology or equivalent, but not required
- Registered Veterinary Technician status preferred, but not required
- One or more years in specialty practice, oncology specialty favored but not required
- Candidate should possess the ability to multitask, handle stressful and emotional situations
- Candidate should have a good understanding of medical terminology and familiarity with veterinary pharmacology
- Must be able to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and self-started with a professional and positive attitude
- Flexibility with work schedule
For more information about VCA Animal Specialty Group, please visit our website at http://www.vcaspecialtyvets.com/animal-specialty-group
Kansas State University seeks Veterinary Technician (Oncology)
The Veterinary Health Center with the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Veterinary Nurse in Oncology. This position will help maintain an efficient Oncology service by providing technical nursing and minor instructional skills as necessary to provide services in the Veterinary Health Center. A primary mission of the Hospital is to provide quality medical service for teaching, research and clients within the surrounding area. A team of quality, professional nurses in the Oncology Section is critical to providing services to support this mission. This position is also responsible for coordination of animal treatments; instruction training and supervising students and employees in approved treatment technique.
To view the full job announcement, please visit www.ksu.edu/jobs job#507318.
The Oncology Service (Springfield, VA) seeks Licensed Veterinary Technician
The Oncology Service (TOS) is looking to add a full-time Licensed Veterinary Technician for its Springfield, VA location.
The Oncology Service (TOS) is a multi-facility small animal oncology practice. At TOS, we strive to provide “The Future of Veterinary Cancer Care” to our clients and patients. This means providing compassionate and thoughtful care when pets need it most. It also means access to state-of-the-art cancer therapies, including both medical and radiation oncology.
As we continue to grow, our work family at The Oncology Service becomes larger. Our environment is fast-paced, challenging and collaborative. Our employees show immense support, gratitude and respect for their peers. The ideal candidate is hard-working, motivated, compassionate and able to work harmoniously and effectively with doctors, staff and clients.
What You’ll Do
- Assist Oncologists
- Acquiring patient histories
- Place IV catheters and blood draws
- Obtain radiographs
- Monitor anesthesia
- Administer chemotherapy
- Radiation patient positioning and delivery of treatment plans on the linear accelerator
- Patient care
- Client education/communication.
Schedule: Our work week is Monday through Friday.
What We’ll Love About You
- Licensed Veterinary Technicians only
- Previous experience as a veterinary technician is required
- Skilled in small animal anesthesia
- Interest in learning new topics and skills, including chemotherapy and radiation oncology.
- Desire to make positive impacts on the lives of people and pets every single day at work
- Commitment to maximizing the quality of life of pets
- Understanding of the depth of the human-animal bond
- Radiation therapists are encouraged to apply
What You’ll Love About Us
Benefits: Medical with the choice of a 100% employer paid plan; Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts for medical and/or dependent care cost, Disability and Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and uniforms
Prepare for the Future: 401(k)
For your furry family members: Discounted pet medical care
Rest and Relaxation: 3 weeks paid time off.
Education: A generous CE allowance
We are seeking an enthusiastic, extremely organized, LVT to join our growing practice in Springfield. If you possess strong communication skills (both written and verbal), excellent organizational and problem solving skills, detailed oriented, self-motivated, and able to work both as part of team and independently we would love to talk to you! We are looking for someone who is genuinely interested in oncology and would view this position as a career, not a job.
If you live in the Northern Virginia or Fairfax County area you should consider this opportunity! We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about Ethos and the opportunities available to advance your career. Applications can be submitted directly through our website at https://ethosvet.com/careers/