SUBMIT AN EMPLOYMENT AD
If you would like to post an oncology-related position on our website,
please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the job description being as brief as possible, create a heading similar to those below, and include all links to mentioned websites. VCS only posts oncology-related positions and there is no cost. Simply email VCS when you are ready for the posting to be deleted.
FREE POSTINGS: Beginning November 1, 2018, for VCS members only. As long as there is a current VCS member in the clinic or hospital that is providing the advertisement, the cost to post the ad is free. If no VCS members exist in the hospital or clinic to which you are advertising, the cost is $300 for a 90 day listing.
North Carolina State University seeks Veterinary Technician
NC State Veterinary Hospital is seeking a technician for our busy radiation oncology service. The hours are 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday (no nights, weekends, or holidays required). The link is posted below. For further information, contact Scarlett Robinson, email@example.com
Pearland Animal Cancer and Referral Center seeks Lead Veterinary Technician
Who doesn’t want to be first? Be part of a unique opportunity? Be appreciated by those in need for your skills, time, expertise and compassion? Be provided opportunity to learn about the newest treatments for pets with cancer? And who doesn’t want to work in a place dedicated caring for to patients with cancer?
Pearland Animal Cancer and Referral Center is located in Pearland, TX. Uniquely, it is the first and only speciality referral hospital in the Houston area dedicated to patients and clients with cancer! We are seeking a motivated , talented , experienced individual who is exited about growing the practice and growing their own skills and knowledge base.
The position is full time. Infrequent weekends.
The Lead Veterinary Technician will assist in developing a team of Oncology technicians and in setting the ground for future growth of the care provided. Experience in chemotherapy administration is preferred but where skills in venipuncture, drug calculations and the drive to be detail oriented are present, training is available. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate empathy as well as manage difficult scenarios.
We offer a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits.
Qualifications: prefer Veterinary Oncology Certification, LVT and/ or experienced technician. Must be able to prioritize tasks and work as a team or independently.
Experience: Veterinary technician: 3 years (Preferred)
To apply, or if you have questions, please contact:
Melissa Parsons, DVM, DACVIM ( Oncology) at firstname.lastname@example.org
VCA Animal Group seeks Oncology Technician
VCA Animal Specialty Group, located in San Diego, CA, is currently seeking a full-time Veterinary Technician to join its growing oncology team. Our state of the art facilities were completed in October 2016 and are a fully functioning multi-specialty and emergency hospital, established in the suburbs of sunny San Diego.
The Oncology Technicians’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with client communications, presenting estimates, regular patient updates
- Performing patient care including restraint, venipuncture, advanced placement of IV catheters, preparing and administering chemotherapy drugs
- Assisting with sedation/anesthesia protocols
- Performing in-house lab tests such as; blood work, urinalysis, cytology staining, etc.
- Performing and assisting in-house imaging diagnostics including radiographs, CT scans, ultrasounds
- Providing education to clients in regards to chemotherapy side effects, at home care and safety precautions specific to oncology patients
- Associates degree in Veterinary Technology or equivalent, but not required
- Registered Veterinary Technician status preferred, but not required
- One or more years in specialty practice, oncology specialty favored but not required
- Candidate should possess the ability to multitask, handle stressful and emotional situations
- Candidate should have a good understanding of medical terminology and familiarity with veterinary pharmacology
- Must be able to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and self-started with a professional and positive attitude
- Flexibility with work schedule
If interested, please email a resume to email@example.com, or fax to 858-560-0206
For more information about VCA Animal Specialty Group, please visit our website at http://www.vcaspecialtyvets.com/animal-specialty-group