SUBMIT AN EMPLOYMENT AD
If you would like to post an oncology-related position on our website,
please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the job description being as brief as possible, create a heading similar to those below, and include all links to mentioned websites. VCS only posts oncology-related positions and there is no cost. Simply email VCS when you are ready for the posting to be deleted.
Southern Oregon Veterinary Specialty Center seeks Certified Veterinary Technician
Are you a CVT with special interest and skill in oncology? Southern Oregon Veterinary Specialty Center has a wonderful opportunity for you to join our internal medicine service in beautiful Southern Oregon.
The successful candidate will be certified in oncology or have equivalent experience. You will work alongside our Board Certified Internist, along with other CVTs, assistants and a full staff of other board certified veterinary specialists including emergency and critical care, surgery, dermatology and a 24 emergency service.
Our hospital is a brand new, 24-hour, state-of-the-art facility located in the Rogue Valley of Southern Oregon. We are central to the ocean, rivers and mountains in addition to world-class theaters and wineries.
Great full-time weekday schedule. Relocation reimbursement considered. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject line, please type “Oncology Technician”.
Veterinary Specialty Center seeks Treatment, Chemotherapy, and Radiation Oncology Nurses
CancerVets is seeking veterinary nurses with an interest in oncology care. We are a Gulf Coast based specialty animal center located in Naples and Bonita Springs, Florida, seeking experienced veterinary nurses to complement our growing veterinary practice. We are looking for someone who is friendly, compassionate, and self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and the desire to learn. Full time and part time positions are available.
The ideal candidate has specialty veterinary experience with a broad knowledge of veterinary science including pharmacology, above average mathematical skills, and is computer proficient. Minimum of 3 year’s veterinary experience is preferred for nurses – preference will be given to those who have worked in a specialty field. License is not required but encouraged.
Advanced skill requirements include but are not limited to:
- Provide excellent client communications and education
- Act as a liaison between clients, referring veterinarians, and co-workers
- Provide a high level of patient care and maintain accurate computerized patient medical records
- Exceptional venipuncture and IV catheter placement
- Perform and/or assist with digital radiography and CT
- Perform anesthesia induction, monitoring, and recovery
- Assist in clinical tests and procedures such as bone marrow biopsy, lymph node biopsy, and ultrasound
- Running in house lab work and preparing/sending samples out
- Prepare prescriptions and discharge instructions for clients
- Preparation and administration of chemotherapy drugs
- Perform complex mathematical equations to calculate medications and chemotherapy drugs
- Assist in the training and mentoring of all assistants and junior technicians
- Willingness to perform hospital cleanliness and maintain treatment stock as needed without prompting
- Qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Advanced math and writing skills
- Must be able to safely lift 30 lbs.
We offer competitive wages, a benefits package and an employee pet discount policy. Energetic, compassionate and well-qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working with us please submit a resume and letter of interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Oncology Service seeks Oncology Technician
The Oncology Service in Springfield, VA is looking for an Oncology Technician. Do you want to help provide the best care to the best pets and clients while working with amazing people? If so, please consider this opportunity to work with The Oncology Service (TOS) in Springfield, VA. At TOS, we strive to provide “The Future of Veterinary Cancer Care” to our clients and patients. This means providing compassionate and thoughtful care when pets need it most. It also means access to state-of-the-art cancer therapies and clinical trials.
At TOS, we believe that the diagnosis of cancer in a pet is not the end but rather, the beginning of an opportunity to identify solutions that can improve that pet’s quality of life while maximizing the time they have to enjoy it with their families. Whether the diagnosis carries a potentially curative prognosis or a much more guarded one, we are here to help. As a team of more than 10 veterinarians exclusively dedicated to the practice of oncology, we can provide an unparalleled wealth of knowledge, experience, and collaboration.
We are privileged in veterinary oncology to have some of the sweetest patients and most dedicated clients. While the work is not always easy, we try to find options to help every single patient and our clients are extremely appreciative of the efforts we put in for them.
It is, quite simply, the best job in the world.
We are looking for licensed veterinary technicians of all experience levels displaying:
- Desire to make positive impacts on the lives of people and pets every single day at work
- Interest in learning new topics and skills
- Commitment to maximizing the quality of life of pets
- Understanding of the depth of the human-animal bond
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, please e-mail Ann Schramm at email@example.com, so that we can schedule a time to speak. To learn more about us, please see our website at www.theoncologyservice.com.
University of Florida Small Animal Hospital seeks Medical Oncology Technician
The AAHA accredited Oncology service sees over 3,500 patients annually, offering a state of the art level of care through medical intervention, surgical expertise, and radiation therapy. Highlights of this service include personalized chemotherapy protocols, advanced radiation therapy treatments with our linear accelerator, and progressive treatment options such as melanoma vaccines and placement of venous access ports. In particular though, this position will assist in the Medical Oncology service.
The Small Animal Hospital is seeking technicians who are passionate about the opportunities a specialty oncology service can provide in prolonging the lives of their patients while extending compassion and empathy to their patients and loved ones. Technicians provide support and assistance by assisting veterinarians with exams and treatments, as well as providing insight, instruction, and demonstration to veterinary students.
The ideal candidate for this position is:
- maintains a positive attitude at work
- maintains an effective working relationship with clinicians, coworkers, students, and clients
- communicates effectively and demonstrates critical thinking and professionalism
- has the desire to learn and develop his or her skills and capabilities
- proficient in phlebotomy, IV catheter placement, anesthesia among a variety of other skills
- able to provide exemplary patient care
Overall, access to the wide range of treatments and services offered through this service makes it a great opportunity for those considering or already possessing their technician specialty certification (VTS).
Contact Information: If interested in this position please visit http://smallanimal.vethospital.ufl.edu/contact-us/careers/, select the Medical Oncology position, and apply today! For specific questions, please submit inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Updated posting 4/12/2017)