NEW JOB ANNOUNCEMENT SERVICE COMING IN 2023.
VCS will transition to a new job board in 2023 and will not be taking any new employment notices until the new platform has been introduced. More information will be provided in the coming months.
Get Board Certified
Visit VIRMP if you are interested in the training process for board certification after veterinary school
Animal Cancer Care Clinic (ACCC) seeking Veterinary Technician in Central and South Florida
The largest pool of oncology experts in the country can help you make your best career decision.
ACCC’s team of experts is the largest collection of in-house veterinary oncology specialists in the country with seven Medical Oncologists, two Oncologic Surgeons, one Radiation Oncologist, one Internist and two Oncology Fellows — and the demand for our cancer care continues to grow. Why? In contrast to large corporate hospitals/multi-specialty practices or smaller specialty practices, we attract and retain exceptional talent because of our unique ownership, size, focus, flexibility and culture. Visit www.AnimalCancerCareClinic.com/join-our-team/ to hear directly from our doctors and technicians about working at ACCC. Their insights and advice will answer questions you may not have even considered, and help you make an informed career decision that is right for you.
Privately owned and operated since 2004 by our founder, Dr. Stephanie Correa DVM, DACVIM (Oncology), we are the leading provider of animal cancer care in our busy market with two hospitals and six clinics throughout central and southeast Florida. If ACCC is the right fit, you will join an organization that is intensely Mission-focused to achieve Optimal OUTCOMES in the cancer care of every Client and Animal Patient and in the cancer careers of every Employee. Twenty years has taught us that we do not achieve this goal with a one-size-fits-all mentality. Optimal OUTCOMES are defined and achieved on a very individual basis with the full range of conditions and personal considerations in mind. We look forward to accommodating your time and talent with opportunities to fulfill your career choices and goals in ways you never imagined possible.
Dr. Stephanie Correa 954-579-3776
Wisconsin Veterinary Referral Center seeking Veterinary Technician
Specialty Departments include: Neurology, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Oncology
Shift Details = 4 / 10 hour shifts each week, no weekends.
About WVRC: WVRC, Waukesha is recognized as a certified Level 1 Emergency and Critical Care Facility by the Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society (VECCS).
We have three hospital locations: Waukesha, Racine and Grafton all dedicated to providing patients, clients, and referring veterinarians the highest quality emergency and specialty veterinary medical care. WVRC offers a warm, friendly atmosphere where our main goal is to provide compassionate care to our patients and clients as well as offering outstanding customer service.
Benefits of Working at WVRC:
- Competitive compensation which is based on skill level. Starting at $21/ hr & up! Certified Technicians considered for higher compensation.
- Generous benefit packages which include: – Employer Paid Benefit Options – Medical – Dental – Vision – HSA & Flexible Spending Plan Options – Paid Time Off – 401k – Retirement Savings Plan – Uniform Allowance – Veterinary Service Benefits – CE Allowance – Company Paid Life Insurance – Short & Long- Term Disability Options
- Onsite Veterinary Social Worker available to employees & clients
- Extensive training to all new (and existing) employees with our Learning & Development Trainers to advance their skills and career
- Referral Bonuses
- Being a part of a team of elite professionals who prioritize the needs of their patients
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of technical experience
- Technical skill set such as restraint, phlebotomy, catheter placement and general nursing care experience is needed.
- Anesthesia monitoring for a variety of procedures including MRI & CT scans, soft tissue, orthopedic, and laparoscopic procedures.
- Perform sterile scrub and assist doctors throughout a variety of surgical procedures including hemilaminectomies, cervical ventral slots, and CSF taps.
- Ability to lift and restrain patients up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Advocate for patient care
- Self-motivated with a passion for veterinary medicine
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast- paced environment
- Availability for on- call rotation is needed
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.
Oakland Veterinary Referral Services seeking Licensed Veterinary Technician
Oakland Veterinary Referral Services – is seeking Licensed Veterinary Technicians to join our dedicated team of medical oncologists. Ideal candidates will provide exemplary coordinated nursing and technical patient care and strive to continuously improve the overall quality of patient care in the department.
About Oakland Veterinary Referral Services
A leading animal hospital with a 30-year legacy, we offer specialty and emergency to over 30,000 patient visits annually. We provide animals with the gold standard in patient care while emphasizing lifelong learning. We are dedicated to supporting excellence in clinical practice while ensuring rewarding careers. In addition to our oncology service, OVRS is home to boarded specialists in over 12 services and specialties.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Obtain patient history
- Placing intravenous catheters
- Perform radiographs/assist in ultrasounds/CT
- Patient care including diagnostic procedures and treatments
- Anesthesia monitoring
- Follow OSHA safety standards for preparing, handling and disposing of chemotherapy drugs
- Operation of the chemotherapy hood
- Perform and confirm complex chemotherapy calculations and conversions
- Prepares and administers chemotherapy safely
- Prepare prescriptions and communicates discharge orders to clients
all other related duties as required
- Must have Michigan Veterinary Technician’s license
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience as an LVT in critical care environment
- Ability to lift and restrain animals weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, respectful working relationships and customer satisfaction with all stakeholders, including department staff, medical staff, support staff, clients and referring veterinarians
- Must be able to work successfully as part of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients, technicians, and vets
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Sign on bonus for VTS (Oncology) Technicians
- Generous paid time off
- Student Debt assistance
- Discount on veterinary care
- Continuing education stipend and VTS exam fee reimbursement
- Relocation reimbursement for qualified candidates who live outside the Detroit metropolitan area (*2-year employment commitment required)
- Reimbursement for Technician licensing fees
- Access to 401k retirement plan
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life coverage
- Health Savings Account; Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary Short Term Liability insurance
Interested and qualified candidates should email resume/application, with cover letter, to Jim Thompson (Hospital Administrator) at JThompson@ovrs.com.
Animal Health Partners (Lakeshore) seeking Registered Veterinary Oncology Technician
Lakeshore will be located in the Greater Toronto Area and plans to offer 24/7 emergency care alongside a comprehensive array of specialty veterinary services. At the root of everything we do at Animal Health Partners is our guiding mission to provide pets with access to the same quality of healthcare available to their owners. Animal Health Partners and VetStrategy are partnering to build Lakeshore, the second AHP location, as our next step toward that mission. We are looking to hire technicians for our Oncology department.
Lakeshore will share many of the same amenities as the existing Animal Health Partners location in an expanded footprint. The technical proficiency and medical equipment at Toronto Animal Health Partners equal or exceed that found in many sophisticated human hospitals; our 3-Tesla MRI provides clinicians with exceptional diagnostic capabilities. Furthermore, AI-enabled software systems and our hospital design, informed by veterinarians in our network, help support our clinicians by keeping their focus on delivering high-quality care to patients. We also aim to utilize clinical research as a component of our hospitals, especially in the Oncology service, to help drive discovery in coordination with human and veterinary teaching hospitals.
About the role
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Registered Veterinary Technician with the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians
- Experience in Oncology is a requirement
- Strong venipuncture skills are a must
- This role includes administration of chemotherapy and knowledge of these medications is a must
- Passion for what you do every day!
- Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Ideally interested in research and teaching
- Interest in oncology knowledge development; including partaking in journal club, daily rounds, and other activities in the hospital
Skills and Effort Requirements
Under the supervision of the oncologist, the duties and responsibilities of the Oncology Veterinary Technician includes:
- Strong emphasis on patient care
- Medical record documentation (including flow sheets, daily soaps, pertinent laboratory data, prescriptions and other data systems) and transmitting this information to other services who will be involved on an individual case basis
- History taking for recheck and chemotherapy appointments as well as discharges for patients to clients
- Primarily manage supply of chemotherapy and equipment inventory
- Strong mathematical skill with ability to calculate and dispense medications at the direction of the Oncologist on staff
- Performing and submitting laboratory samples
- Assisting the oncologist in procedures such as sedated biopsies or CT scans
- Administering oral, IM, IV medications
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to use independent judgment and initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to participate as a cooperative team member
- Detail oriented, strong proficiency and efficiency with computer systems and software
- Should be able to multitask
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Animal Health Partners is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. VetStrategy is a 100% Canadian operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we put a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
This role works out of a dynamic clinic setting and requires computer usage (research, typing, etc.) and medical equipment usage. This role oversees the health and wellness of animals which may require bending, lifting, twisting. This role requires daily attention to multiple priorities and competing demands with minimal supervision.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Continuing education allowance
- Comprehensive benefit plan including medical/dental coverage
- Competitive compensation
- Access to Animal Care Technology online training
- Access to medical webinar events throughout the year by leading specialists
- Opportunity to advance in your career and career planning
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need
- Competitive medical and pet supply discounts
- Canada wide internal transfer opportunities
We offer high starting pay, an exciting work environment and an excellent compensation package. Benefits include medical/dental coverage, paid sick days, paid CE, uniform allowance and a generous pet discount.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Veterinary Cancer & Surgery Specialists seeking Lead Oncology Technician
Progressive Oncology Team is looking for a detail oriented CVT to lead our team of six. Our service
provides oncology consultation, therapies and surgical interventions to treat cancer in cats and dogs. We
believe that pet parents should have options when caring for their pets and make decisions based on
individual lifestyle. Sometimes that means simply monitoring quality of life until they are having less good
days then bad.
Our team members are patient, sensitive and compassionate with both pets and their pet parents. Often
clients are experiencing fear and emotional distress at the unknown future for their loved one. Our ideal
team member is empathetic and can calmly discuss distressing topics with pet owners. This is a high
touch position with extensive client interaction.
Position requirements: Full time; $28.00 to $30.00/hr BOE
Up to date COVID vaccination
CVT in good standing in Oregon (or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.)
5 years experience in the veterinary field with at least 2 as a licensed technician (Preference
given to applicants with specialty experience.)
Clear communication skills (verbal and written)
Calming demeanor to set people at ease
3 years Leadership experience (ideal team size 4-8) including coaching conversations,
scheduling and delegation
Excellent Venipuncture skills
Gentle restraint (Familiarity with Fear Free techniques, Certified a plus)
Ability to prioritize cases and direct team members to achieve efficiency and accuracy with each
● Possession of, or desire to obtain, VTS in Internal Medicine (Oncology)
● Experience with Chemotherapy administration and disposal techniques
● Experience with CT and electrochemotherapy
● Comfort with general anesthesia and sedation for cats and dogs with potential comorbidities.
Submit resume, cover letter, 3 professional references with at least one supervisor to
● Medical,Dental, Vision insurance with Employee Assistance Plan and FSA
● License reimbursement
● Paid time off and more