As a member of the Veterinary Cancer Society, you have access to a wide range of resources including proceedings from past conferences, newsletters with journal reviews going back years, complimentary professional development webinars and much more. Login to access these resources.
- Quarterly newsletters with journal reviews
- Access to members-only areas of the VCS web site
- Online directory of VCS members and client referral
- Complimentary electronic version of the Annual and Mid-Year Conference proceedings
- Complimentary professional advancement webinars
- Significant discount on conference registration rates and proceedings
- Reduced subscription rate to Veterinary and Comparative Oncology Journal
- Residents may apply for research grants each year
- Technician members are eligible for complimentary membership after their first year is paid
- Technician members are eligible to apply for a scholarship to take the VTS exam
- Members may submit an abstract for presentation at the Annual or Mid-Year Conference and Technician members may submit a Case Report for consideration to present.
- Resident members who present at the Annual Conference are eligible for travel stipends and awards
- Continuing education credit available online via Missouri Veterinary Medical Association ($10/year)
- Free classified ads for oncology positions (only for members)
- Optional membership in the Veterinary Cooperative Oncology Group (VCOG)
- Optional Membership in the Veterinary Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (VRTOG)
- Optional Membership in the Veterinary Technicians Cancer Society (VTCS)
- Optional Membership in the Oncology Pathology Working Group (OPWG)
- Professional Members: $175.00 if paid before April 1st; $275.00 after April 1st
- Resident Members (those in an official Residency program) $50.00 if paid before April 1st; $100.00 after April 1st
- Intern Members:: (those who are Interns) $50.00 if paid before April 1st; $100.00 after April 1st
- Technicians: $40 if paid before April 1st; $90 after April 1st
- International Rates: There are now reduced rates for international members (outside of the US and Canada) who are members of their “home” oncology association.
- Student Members (those who are current undergraduate, graduate or PdD candidates) $50.00 if paid before April 1st; $100.00 after April 1st
- Retired Members (those who are fully retired from the veterinary profession) $50.00 if paid before April 1st; $100.00 after April 1st
- Associate Members (Any person who does not work in the veterinary oncology profession who has a special interest in veterinary oncology. Associate members will receive the quarterly newsletter and may pay member rates on annual conference registration, proceedings or any other item offered at a “members only” rate.) $75.00 all year
HOW TO JOIN
NOTE FOR NEW MEMBERS (those who have NEVER been a member of VCS or not in the past 5+ years): New members may always join VCS at any time of year by using the “before April 1st” pricing but must complete and return the paper registration form via mail or email. You will NOT be able to join online after April 1st using the early rate.