SUBMIT AN EMPLOYMENT AD
If you would like to post an oncology-related position on our website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job description being as brief as possible, create a heading similar to those below, and include all links to mentioned websites. VCS only posts oncology-related positions and there is no cost. Simply email VCS when you are ready for the posting to be deleted.
University of Florida Small Animal Hospital seeks Medical Oncology Technician
The AAHA accredited Oncology service sees over 3,500 patients annually, offering a state of the art level of care through medical intervention, surgical expertise, and radiation therapy. Highlights of this service include personalized chemotherapy protocols, advanced radiation therapy treatments with our linear accelerator, and progressive treatment options such as melanoma vaccines and placement of venous access ports. In particular though, this position will assist in the Medical Oncology service.
The Small Animal Hospital is seeking technicians who are passionate about the opportunities a specialty oncology service can provide in prolonging the lives of their patients while extending compassion and empathy to their patients and loved ones. Technicians provide support and assistance by assisting veterinarians with exams and treatments, as well as providing insight, instruction, and demonstration to veterinary students.
The ideal candidate for this position is:
- maintains a positive attitude at work
- maintains an effective working relationship with clinicians, coworkers, students, and clients
- communicates effectively and demonstrates critical thinking and professionalism
- has the desire to learn and develop his or her skills and capabilities
- proficient in phlebotomy, IV catheter placement, anesthesia among a variety of other skills
- able to provide exemplary patient care
Overall, access to the wide range of treatments and services offered through this service makes it a great opportunity for those considering or already possessing their technician specialty certification (VTS).
Contact Information: If interested in this position please visit http://smallanimal.vethospital.ufl.edu/contact-us/careers/, select the Medical Oncology position, and apply today! For specific questions, please submit inquiries to email@example.com.
(Updated posting 4/12/2017)
VCA Animal Specialty Group seeks Oncology Technician
VCA Animal Specialty Group in San Diego, CA is currently seeking a full-time Veterinary Technician to join its growing oncology team. Our state of the art facilities were completed in October 2016 and are a fully functioning multi-specialty and emergency hospital, established in the suburbs of San Diego.
The Oncology Technicians’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with client communications, presenting estimates, regular patient updates
- Performing patient care including restraint, venipuncture, advanced placement of IV catheters, preparing and administering chemotherapy drugs
- Assisting with sedation/anesthesia protocols
- Performing in-house lab tests such as; blood work, urinalysis, cytology staining, etc.
- Performing and assisting in-house imaging diagnostics including radiographs, CT scans, ultrasounds
- Providing education to clients in regards to chemotherapy side effects, at home care and safety precautions specific to oncology patients
- Associates degree in Veterinary Technology or equivalent, but not required
- Registered Veterinary Technician status preferred, but not required
- One or more years in specialty practice, oncology specialty favored but not required
- Candidate should possess the ability to multitask, handle stressful and emotional situations
- Candidate should have a good understanding of medical terminology and familiarity with veterinary pharmacology
- Must be able to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and self-started with a professional and positive attitude
- Flexibility with work schedule
If interested, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 858-560-0206
For more information about VCA Animal Specialty Group, please visit our website at http://www.vcaspecialtyvets.com/animal-specialty-group.